Live Life Loud Tour!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I hate wearing wet flip-flops.

Just a short post here. Today has been good. I actually got up on time this morning!*High-five* Brandon, dad, and I started watching some video things for our morning Bible study. It was pretty good. After that, I took care of animals and all that jazz, took a quick run (haven't done that in awhile), and then got started on my school. I finished math pretty quickly, for me, and then did other assorted stuff(played w/ Lily, watched some Star-wars, did some science...).
Then, before lunch, I played chess with Brandon(I won, but that's beside the point). After we finished, somebody asked mom if she would play chess with them, and that's when we found out. Mom has never played chess in her life!!!! I couldn't believe it. She's -- old and she hasn't ever played chess?!?! Not even once?!?! Nope, never played chess. She says she doesn't plan on learning to anytime soon either. I guess it's just not important to some people..;P
We've got Riverwalk tonight, I had to miss last week because I was sick.
The wedding is less than a month away and I still haven't been measured for my tux yet, so that needs to happen soon. I think that's all I was gonna say....
Bye!!
EDIT: Lana says this isn't my greatest post.
Tony says, GET OVER IT!! jk ;P

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it's really not. :P Oh well.
You didn't know that your mom's never played chess? Well I haven't technically ever played either. Jeremi tried to teach me once during our siblings' graduation meeting but he had to leave after just a few minutes. Sad thing was that after only a few moves he said I stink at the game. lol I must be pretty bad. Anyway...
Wow, I wish I could get up on time. But I never go to bed until midnight at the earliest. I need to form better habits.

the momma said...

emy - if I ever play chess (which - I won't) I'd play ya :-)

I choose to not play games I have no hope of winning. and if by some chance, I did win, I'd probably not be a very nice winner. I lose more graciously than I win. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh wouldn't that be fun, lol, for us to get together and play - two people who have never played. lol

And btw, Tony, what's wrong with wet flip-flops? Nothing is ever wrong with flip-flops of any kind... except for ugly ones. :P

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Wet flipflops eventually will rub blisters and they stick and make weird noise but I wear them anyway.
I have attempted to play chess sorta. I played some for a sib who quit playing a game but was bad and only able to play b/c my mom's set has the moves onthe backs of the peices. Oh and ya'll I think we have a rent house! We can't get in for two weeks but it is just around the corner literally from my old one that will probably be rebuilt. Let the war with the insurance people begin!

Anonymous said...

Great news Lady!!! Praying...
Moves on the back of the peices, that is AWESOME

Anonymous said...

I sometimes play chess but I don't like many board games. Actually I spell it, b-o-r-e-d. BORED games. Star Wars trivia and LOTR trivia are cool:)

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Yup tis. Both things. ;D

Pyrolord said...

Yup, mom is right. She loses a LOT better than she wins. ;P
Sheesh, I didn't mean to start anything;P I just simply stated that I hate wearing wet flip-flops. Nothing is "wrong" with them, I just prefer them to be dry.
We have one of those sets with the moves on the back of the pieces, it's pretty sweet. I don't hardly look at them anymore though.
Great news about the house!!
I haven't played any trivia games except Andy Griffith, which I stunk at.

Luke Hobbs said...

Chess is so much fun! There are so many intricacies to the strategy and tactics.

Emy, don't worry, you can't be accused of stinking at chess when you've barely even moved a few pieces. It takes a while to figure it out.

I would stink at Andy Griffith trivia too, Ton. I'm pretty good at LOTR trivia, though.

Anonymous said...

Does anybody have the wicked cool DVD version?

Unknown said...

I can't do either trivia. DISNEY, I can play that one, man!