Live Life Loud Tour!

Saturday, December 1, 2007

My goats






For those who are interested, I’m writing a post about my goats. For those who aren’t, too bad I’m writing about goats anyways.




OK, let’s see, I have four goats (3 nubians & 1 boer). I started out in September last year with a brown spotted Nubian doeling named Sally Brown, or just Sally for short. A while after that, I got two Boer kids ( buckling-Billy & doeling Barbie-Que brother and sister). I planned on keeping Billy and selling Barbie-Que, but Billy died a few weeks later and I and decided to keep Barbie-Que, and changed her name to Dolly.




About two months ago, my mom found out about two Nubian does (supposedly both pregnant). So we (my dad, brothers and me) hurried up and built a barn. Three weeks after my mom found the goats my dad took me to pick them up and bring them to their new home.


One of the new goats is solid black with reddish-brown markings on her legs and face, and she decided that she was going to be the boss (I decided she should be named “Queen”), so now all of the other goats have to get out of the way or else get rammed (they usually get out of the way, of course I would move too, Queen weighs about 180 pounds).


The other new goat is appropriately named speckles (she is covered in speckles) and doesn’t take too kindly to the idea of Dolly stealing her food.




I hope to get more goats sometime, but at least Queen is pregnant so I’m not sure how many new goats I’ll get. That’s all for now but I’ll keep you posted on Queen and her kids.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby goats are the cutest goats! Actually your goats are all good looking. Not like some I know. My grandpa has a devil goat that is sc-c-c-cary!

mt-thoughts.blogspot.com

Hannah Hobbs said...

Hey Tony,
Awesomeness...I'll have to tell Emma to read this, she is *obsessed* with her goaties...
But, they look really cool...
And, I like your blog, it looks really neat!
~Hannah

Pyrolord said...

Thanks, Lana helped me get it all set up. Emy pretty much asked me to write a post about goats(lana's descriptions didn't satisfy her).
"Devil Goat" hmm, I don't think I've heard that one before(I have heard similar things).

Emma said...

I didn't really come right out and *ask* you... but, it worked, didn't it? :P And pictures too!!! That's great!!! No Lana's descriptions didn't satisfy me b/c she didn't know the terms and she didnt post pics... :P
Some ppl think that my goats have evil eyes but I don't think so... and all my goats are nice, though not all friendly. Anyway, thanks so much for posting about them, and for the pics!!! I absolutely *love* the first one... Sally Brown, is it? She is sooo cute!! I have a brown goat, too. Speckles looks pretty cute, too, though I'm sure they are a LOT bigger than mine. Oh and btw, I am NOT *obsessed* with my goats, I just really love them, and FYI, Hannah, I haven't even been out to see them in several days, I've been so busy!
Anyway I gotta run but thx for posting this!
~Emy~

Unknown said...

Well, SOR-RRRY, emma!
JK, yeah, I don't know so much about goats (like, are they herd or flocks?!)and Tony never gave me pictures, so there, it wasn't my fault! (course, I could've done it myself, but, oh this isn't helping me any, is it?)
Sally Brown is my fave, and Dolly is such a chubby cutie. Queen likes me, but she doesn't like Luke ;^P she gives him this weird look... And when I'm with him, she looks at me like, why are you with this dude?
goats....

Anonymous said...

hahaha.... goats are quite jealous, I can say that! so they're prolly just jealous of Luke b/c when you're with him you're not giving them your undivided attention. :P
And it's herd... right, Tony?
~Emy

Pyrolord said...

I'm not sure, I kinda use them both, like a goat herd or a flock of goats. I don't know that one is more correct than the other.