Live Life Loud Tour!

Saturday, January 5, 2008

While I'm Driving You Crazy, Should I Stop At The Mall?

Well, this week has been kind of interesting.

We had the Hilds over for new years. They came early Monday and left after dinner on Tuesday, not near long enough for friends that you see twice a year. But while they were here we had time to do plenty of stuff.

After they had been at our house for a while, I realized that Uncle Scott hadn’t seen my drivers permit, so I showed it to him, and he said I needed to go show it to my cousin Brittany (we’re not really related, but our parents have been friends since before we were born, so we might as well be related), ‘cause she didn’t have hers yet.
So I go show her and somehow my Aunt Jackie finds out and says that since I could drive, I could take her to the store (in her Pontiac grand prix:).
Well, it takes us a while to get ready and when we start to head out, we realize that there are six people going (one of which happened to be my “wonderful” future brother in law), her car only seats five.
So, instead of driving her sports car, I got to drive our minivan, *fun*.
Well, let’s just say that Luke has some issues as a passenger….
I *did* get to drive Aunt Jackie’s car on a trip to the store eventually. Let’s just say, Aunt Jackie, your car is pretty zippy.
Us older kids (T.J., Lana, Brittany, Brandon and I) went to A-Z to shop for... something; I really have no idea why we went. After that we had dinner and then they (the Hilds) left.

Later that night some of us went to NBC When we came back, I got some of the worst news possible at the time.
T.J. IS MOVING OUT :( I knew it was gonna happen eventually, just didn’t think it was gonna be this soon. So on top of Lana getting married and leaving, T.J. is moving out. He went over to look at a place last night and went back this morning to pay his first months rent. I think he’s moving in today and tomorrow. Tonight will probably be his last night in our house. :(

I realized the other day, that in a few months, I will be the oldest of the kids at home.
It’s gonna be pretty tough with all the changes about to take place. But at least I have Jesus to lean on when it gets tough. That’s more than some people have.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh finally a new post....
I didn't know you drove... what did Luke do *now*??? :P
Wow I'm sorry... that must be hard to have your sibs moving out. :'( I can't imagine... that time hasn't come for me yet...
A few months and we will be bro/sis inlaws... LOL

Pyrolord said...

Of course I drive! What did you think I did, walk? just joking :)
Luke was being rather loud and obnoxious(and he was picking on my stopping).
fyi, I've been driving since I was fourteen. I started driving 08/08/07 :) I'm street legal*
yay for Tony!!

*providing there is a liscense driver 21 years of age or older in the passenger seat.

Pyrolord said...

oops, I meant *liscensed* driver

Unknown said...

Luke was a terrible passenger! ;^P Glad I wasn't driving. 'cept, had I been driving, he would've been nice, so....
Anyway, he was being very... loud.
and not too polite, either. Though most of the other passengers thought it was funny ;^P
But the driver - not so much. I'm sure glad Tony already likes him alright, cuz...
Yeah.

Well, TJ's gone now, left us and moved into his own apartment. I should post about it...
luvya, Ton'. It'll be okay.

Emma said...

Ya'll are making me sad, being sad about TJ moving out. :P

Well, okay, Tony.... fine, but I'm still older.... LOL and have NO desire to drive right now! lol so uhh.... sorry Lana but I have to ask, uh, did Tony start driving before you??? Anyway I sympathize.... Luke is not always the quietest, most polite, tolerable person... lol... JK, big bro... usually he's nice. But today I unknowingly stole his seat and then (after he said it was ok, mind you) stood there and then squatted down until I went and got a different chair.... and, then, there's the times he openly insults people to their faces.... JK, once again, bro... I forgave you, sorry. :D

Unknown said...

Luke, Luke, Luke... You made a lady get a different chair? oh dear... Isn't that what ya'll picked on Aaron for?
I certainly did drive before Tony!!! But, not age-wise...

Just, Emma, get your license before you go to college. Trust me, it's important.

yeah, it is sad...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lana, it was okay.. it was kina funny. After all, I walked in and sat down right where he had been sitting. But, I didn't know that... still it wasn't so bad. And he didn't make me. He pretended to be content.... well, no he didn't.... but he just sat on the floor and I, out of sympathy, got a different chair... LOL

Before I go to college... hmm... that brings up an interesting point. One I prolly won't go into right now... but I'm prolly not going to college. :D *that* could be an interesting discussion.... well, nah, I'm sure none of ya'll would oppose me. :P

Luke Hobbs said...

Hmm, well, I wasn't the most courteous passenger for that particular succession of rides, no. I was having fun, Ton, but I guess you weren't, and I apologize. I didn't think about what it would be like to be 14 and driving with that many passengers. I didn't get my learners permit till I was 15 (just 'cause driving really wasn't that important to me) and didn't drive lots of people around for a while.

So yeah, Ton, I'm sorry.

As for Lady Emy, I was quite content to recline where I was and let you have the chair. But thank you for kindly getting another one.

Anonymous said...

(Tony's 15.... but I'm older)

Oh, yeah, right.... :P whatever....

Anonymous said...

poor Luke... everyone is being mean to him right now! Sorry, bro, I was just teasing.

Luke Hobbs said...

15, 15...Sorry, Ton. Maybe I should just stop now...

Unknown said...

I never drove lots of people around while I had my permit, (maybe once or twice, but not if I could squirm out of it) partly b/c it made me nervous, and partly b/c I couldn't stand the hecklers! :^P

Ah, it was just that one ride, Luke. You were nicer on the way home. At least, more oblivious to Tony :^) Big sis to the rescue - I distracted you ;-P

Pyrolord said...

What do you mean you rescued me?!?!
I could have taken care of Luke just fine had I wanted to.

Anonymous said...

ya'll be nice to the poor warrior... stop beating up on him, Tony, you're not related YET!! :P

Pyrolord said...

I wasn't giving him a hard time. It was you Emy.
It's true I happen to be *only* 15, but I'm taller ;p
I'm only 3 years younger than you Luke. That's a scary thought..

Anonymous said...

That's not true!!! You were being harder on him.
Well, I'm only 15, too... :P but, *I'M* 15 and 4 months and 4 days!! LOL
Yeah that is weird. Luke seems so... old. lol
What did ya'll think of the game?

Pyrolord said...

Yeah, well I'm 15 and 3 months and 26 days. ;p

Emma said...

:P lol how long can one argument go?? :P

Pyrolord said...

Prolly till your 16 and I'm only 15, then in ten days it'll start all over again ;p

Luke Hobbs said...

Man...I'm, just, old. At least my wonderful fiancee is old with me (even if, according to most people, she does look younger).

Unknown said...

Haha, yup, I may be ten months older, but according to popular opinion, I'm aging a whole lot better! :^P
(when we were 17, just before I turned 18, someone guessed that he was 21, and that I was 14... Hmmmm....)
No, darling, we aren't old. We're adults. And not even old adults. And not very mature, according to many...

Anonymous said...

Not very mature...??? Well, it depends on the situation. LOL

Tony, when I'm 16 and you haven't turned 15 yet, the argument won't stop... I'll just have 10 days to brag and lord it over you as much as I can. :P LOL You just wait!
P.S. I'm 15, 4 months, and 5 days...